Type: Online Certificate
Welcome to the exciting world of 3D Computer Character Animation. In this 3D Computer Character Animation Online Certificate Course you will learn why animators play such an important role in the Animation, Visual Effects and Video Game Industries. Their mission is to bring the illusion of life to the animated characters, to connect with the audience, to make people believe. Animators are in the middle of the studio pipeline, they are acting and studying performances for the next blockbuster movie or best selling game. This is an online 3D Character Animation Certificate Course.
This program is accredited by the Private Training Institutions Agency (PCTIA), designated under the British Columbia Education Quality Assurance (BCEQA), the Ministry of Advanced Education and listed under the Canadian Information Center for International Credentials (CICIC).
What accreditation means?
Accreditation is meant to protect students, schools, and employers. It ensures that a school is educating its students and meeting quality standards. If you choose a school that isn’t accredited, it may be difficult to use your academic credentials. Few employers will take your education seriously. Additionally, you may not be able to transfer your credit hours or degree to an accredited school.
If you are learning for personal enjoyment, accreditation may not be important to you. However, if you want to use your academic credential in the workplace or plan on furthering your education at a later date, accreditation is essential.
- Award Winning Proprietary Online Campus
- Studio Setting (20% Theory, 80% Practice)
- Weekly Live Sessions (Synchronous)
- Access 24/7 to Online Campus (Asynchronous 24 hrs, 7 days a week)
- 15:1 Student Ratio
- 1:1 Personalized Critiques
Class Times, Assignments & Workload
- Classes are delivered Online
- Weekly Live Classes scheduled on your time preferences provided in your application
- Weekly Assignments (Four assignments total)
- Assignments Workload: 10 - 20 hours per week
- Weekly 1 on 1 personalized critiques (4 critiques total)
- Total hours of instruction: 7 hours
- Total hours of assignments: 40 - 80 hours
- Week 1: The Bouncing Ball - What is Animation?, Drawing Assignments
- Week 2: The Rock - Animating with Weight, Drawing Assignments
- Week 3: Anticipation, Action, Reaction, Drawing Assignments
- Week 4: Walk Cycles, Drawing Assignments
Please note that in order to pass the course, all assignments have to be successfully completed and submitted on time. Students intending to transfer to diploma programs must obtain a minimum grade of B- (76%).
Who should attend this class?
Beginners, Aspiring Animators, people that like to draw, that like acting (actors, actresses), create and have a wild imagination. Fans of animated movies, video games, Comics and TV.
A computer animation software. Maya Personal Learning Edition, download here.
Quicktime Pro, download here.
At the end of this program the student will have a basic understanding of 3D Character Computer Animation. Students will have gone through the process of bringing life to a cast of characters; all in their own personal style.
Credits of this course can be used towards our Diploma Programs within six months of completion.
A Vancouver Animation School Certificate is a short term duration but specialized training program. We are a studio school (20% theory 80% hands on). Students will graduate with a Certificate credential.