This Introductory certificate course welcomes aspiring matte painters to experience the creation process of digital elements in the film industry.
Type: Online Certificate
Welcome to the exciting world of Digital Matte Painting. In this Introduction to Digital Matte Painting online course you will learn the basic tools needed in the Animation and Visual Effects industries. Matte painters are key to the studio and its pipeline, they are planning, creating and designing the visuals of what could be the next blockbuster visual effects and animated movie.
This program is accredited by the Private Training Institutions Agency (PCTIA), designated under the British Columbia Education Quality Assurance (BCEQA), the Ministry of Advanced Education and listed under the Canadian Information Center for International Credentials (CICIC).
What accreditation means?
Accreditation is meant to protect students, schools, and employers. It ensures that a school is educating its students and meeting quality standards. If you choose a school that isn’t accredited, it may be difficult to use your academic credentials. Few employers will take your education seriously. Additionally, you may not be able to transfer your credit hours or degree to an accredited school.
If you are learning for personal enjoyment, accreditation may not be important to you. However, if you want to use your academic credential in the workplace or plan on furthering your education at a later date, accreditation is essential.
- Award Winning Proprietary Online Campus
- Studio Setting (20% Theory, 80% Practice)
- Weekly Live Sessions (Synchronous)
- Access 24/7 to Online Campus (Asynchronous 24 hrs, 7 days a week)
- 15:1 Student Ratio
- 1:1 Personalized Critiques
Class Times, Assignments & Workload
- Classes are delivered Online
- Weekly Live Classes scheduled on your time preferences provided in your application
- Weekly Assignments (Four assignments total)
- Assignments Workload: 15 - 25 hours per week
- Weekly 1 on 1 personalized critiques (4 critiques total)
- Total hours of instruction: 7 hours
- Total hours of assignments: 60 - 100 hours
- Week 1: Street Corner I, Sourcing Photo References
- Week 2: Street Corner II, Adding Snow
- Week 3: Landscape I, Sourcing Photo References
- Week 4: Landscape I, Seasonal Change
Please note that in order to pass the course, all assignments have to be successfully completed and submitted on time.
Who should attend this class?
Beginners, Aspiring Matte Painters, people that like to draw and paint with a good technical understanding, must enjoy using software (photoshop, maya, nuke). Artists that like to create and have a wild imagination. Artists that are intrigued of the behind the scenes work done for animated movies and visual effects.
At the end of this program the student will have a basic understanding of Digital Matte Painting. Students will have gone through the process of assembling images; all in their own personal style.
Credits of this course can be used towards our Diploma Programs within six months of completion.
A Vancouver Animation School Certificate is a short term duration but specialized training program. We are a studio school (20% theory 80% hands on). Students will graduate with a Certificate credential.