Eligibility to Apply
To receive student financial assistance, you must meet all of these basic eligibility criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or have protected person status
- Have a valid Canadian social insurance number that does not start with 0 or 8 (these social insurance numbers are not eligible for StudentAid BC)
- Be a resident of BC
- Be pursuing full-time studies as your primary occupation
- Be enrolled in an eligible program of study at an eligible post-secondary
- Institution name (Vancouver Animation School is fully designated with your home province)
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
- Make academic progress and achieve satisfactory scholastic standing
How to Apply
Visit you home province government body website, and apply online by registering your student account
- Processing time for applications is approximately 6 weeks.
- If you are applying for a loan, you are held responsible for understanding how your province’s program works so please read their information carefully.
Things to Remember
- Your loan may not cover the full tuition amount
- Make sure to check your home province website for updates on your application
- Your Notice of Assessment will show you the amount you have been approved for
- You are responsible for paying the tuition due as per your student contract, regardless of the status of your loan.
Official Numbers to provide to your lending institution
Private Career Training Institutions Agency: Accreditation Number: 3642
Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number: O19283928982
Employment and Social Development Canada number: 7009/12985
Personal Banking, Student Lines Of Credit
If you are in Canada, you can obtain a personal line of credit for students, please contact your bank:
If your bank is not listed, please contact them to inquire regarding personal and student lines of credit.
If you are outside Canada, please contact your local bank to inquire regarding personal and student lines of credit.
Processing times: A personal line of credit will take 3 weeks approximately
Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
If you have a RESP you will need to provide information to your bank about our school. They must see that our school is listed in these two government bodies:
- British Columbia Education Quality Assurance (BCEQA). You will need to find our school in their directory.
- Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. You will need to do a search to find our school in their directory.
Canada Student Loans
The Government of Canada offers Canada Student Loans to eligible full- and part-time post-secondary students in most provinces and territories. Quebec, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut offer their own student financial assistance programs and do not participate in the Canada Student Loans Program. See eligiblity for loans and grants.